When you are pregnant you will experience changes in your body. Pregnancy symptoms are not the same for every woman. They vary from one woman to another. It is vital to understand the symptoms of pregnancy so that you may be able to figure out what they are leading to. Some women start experiencing the symptoms of pregnancy as soon as within a week of conception. For others, the symptoms appear within few weeks.
Symptoms of pregnancy:
Some signs of pregnancy are immediate while others take time to show up. The most common pregnancy symptoms are:
- The earliest sign of pregnancy is implantation bleeding. The bleeding is due to the implantation of embryo in the uterine wall approximately 12 days after pregnancy. This may result in cramping for some women.
- Second most important symptom of pregnancy is the delay in menstruation. If you feel any difference in menstrual cycle you should immediately test for pregnancy. Generally, bleeding occurs in some women even when they are pregnant but this bleeding is different from normal bleeding in a sense that it is much lighter and shorter.
- Excessive weight gain, fatigue and tension as well as undue stress are some other common problems associated with pregnancy.
- Your breasts may become swollen within 1 to 2 weeks of conception. They become sore as well as tender to touch. When you feel any changes in your breasts, you should immediately test for pregnancy. Even when you are not pregnant your breast may become swollen and tender due to hormonal imbalance and also due to birth control pills.
- Nausea or morning sickness is another pregnancy symptom. Women generally experience this symptom within 3 to 8 weeks of conception but it is not all women feel morning sickness during pregnancy. Some pregnant women do not feel nausea during the pregnancy period. It would also be foolishness to think along the lines of pregnancy each time you feel nausea because tension, food poisoning as well as change in hormonal birth control methods sometimes also result in morning sickness.
- During most of the period of pregnancy, you will experience pain in your lower back. This pain is one of the earliest symptoms of pregnancy.
- During first few weeks of pregnancy, you will experience severe headaches. These headaches are due to the sudden increase of hormonal levels in your body.
- Frequent urination is one of the late symptoms of pregnancy. Around 6 weeks after conception your need for urination may increase. You may need to urinate more than is normal for a normal human being.
- Pregnancy is associated with darkening of Areolas which means that skin around your nipples will become dark within few weeks of pregnancy.
- During pregnancy many women feel craving for certain type of food. This craving does not end within weeks or months of conception, rather it lasts throughout the nine months of pregnancy.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms then you should consult the doctor without further ado.